Helping to sustainably develop its local communities is one of the guiding strategic principles of the Semapa Group. The Group has been aware at all times that sustainable growth depends on the well-being of its employees, and on the support and ties it builds with the communities around its production units and commercial premises.
The Group is accordingly involved in a wide array of initiatives designed in the last instance to improve the quality of life of the communities around its plants and facilities, and to preserve the environment.
Donations by the Semapa Group to social responsibility activities totalled approximately 2.2 million euros in 2018.
The following were some of the numerous initiatives and projects supported by the Group:
• Fundação Nossa Senhora do Bom Sucesso: foundation dedicated to human health and development since 1951, with special focus on children and women’s health, delivering excellence services independently of the social and economic status of users;
• Associação Salvador: an association dedicated to defend the interests and rights of persons with reduced mobility, especially individuals with physical disability;
• Liga para a Proteção da Natureza;
• Establishing support and incentive protocols signed with institutions working in the fields of social inclusion, sports and culture, with programs in the local communities around the Group’s facilities;
• MDV Projeto Família: a pioneering project in Portugal seeking to work with families with children at risk. The aim is to keep the family together through intensive, immediate and individualized support.
mily together through intensive, immediate and individualized support.